Thursday, June 23, 2011

News a Long Time Coming

This ultrasound was taken at 7 weeks.  The baby is in the upper left corner in case you were wondering.


There is a story behind why we got these two at 16 weeks.

Please be aware that the bump may be smaller than it appears because of the shadow effect the camera gave off.  None the less there is a bump.


Then there's the nursery with its orange hues and new furniture.

Now the story, back in March I was getting blood work done for a typical appointment I have and asked the doctor to go ahead and run a prego test because I had not been on birth control for 2 months.  A phone call came a couple days later with a "Mrs. McAllister, your pregnancy test was positive."  I disbelievingly said, "are you sure?"  Then she said, "It's positive, positive, positive!"  There were tears, excitement, and racing thoughts.  I called Stu at work to tell him I had some news, which he thought meant bad news, to be surprised that he was going to be a dad.  Then the next thoughts were, "Well how long have I been pregnant?"  They did an ultrasound at 5 weeks to see nothing, and another at 7 to discover our new friend was rapidly growing.  I made it through the 1st trimester with not morning sickness, never threw up, and just a little more tired.  I did feel a little nauseated in the evenings if I wasn't eating enough, but nothing serious.  So here we are at 16 weeks, with a undeniable bump and baby furniture that we got for a great deal. The story behind the 16 week ultrasound is that I went in for a routine appointment and they could not find the heartbeat!  So they did a quick ultrasound to discover that Houdini was in fact alive and well.  Hopefully, this is not a trend. Oh, and the due date is December 8th, 2011.  Here's to a healthy happy pregnancy!

2 comments:

  1. Dec 8 is Dylan's birthday! So happy for yall! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!
    -Jennie A.

    ReplyDelete