These eyes have seen so many things
Past and present blend for me
Some things repeat and some are new
These memories are of me
The times I've laughed or when I've cried
The bliss of youth has passed me by
I stand so changed with what I see
Gifts of love and time spent on me
When all Thanksgiving brings back time
I see each year that has gone by
Some were hard and cold as stone
Others soft and filled with Autumn glow
The gift of thanks is shared by all
This one time each year, we remember all
We look to those who've touched our hearts
To share a smile, giving our parts
But when we lose what's greatly cherished
We find new meaning to these gifts
The gift of time we spend together
We find Thanksgiving despite the weather
Thanksgiving does not belong to a time of year
It is ever present with what we hold dear
The gift of touch when they are here
How we long to feel them all the year
Cherish all the time you have
Let Thanksgiving be full and glad
Do not waste time to fill with quarrel
Forbid any to be lonely or sad
Give thanks with every ounce you have
June Take One
1 year ago
Great words from a great person. Do you have other writings like this?
ReplyDelete