Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 4 of Cakes and Quick Baby Update









These may be my last cakes for a while.  The pink cake was the last cake for my course 1 in decorating.  Not bad for an amateur right?  The Nemo cake I did the next day for a friend of ours.  Their little girl turned 2 and she loves Nemo.  I hand-stenciled the Nemo, transferred it onto the cake and filled it in.  Until I find the perfect black dying agent, just buy the black icing from the store.  Black is a pain to acheive in frosting.  Other news, our little girl is already six pounds!  She has also dropped to my pubic bone and I can feel every bit of it.  We'll do another belly update in a week and a half.  Bet you want a piece of cake now right?

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you the secret to black frosting! Make chocolate frosting, then add americolor super black gel coloring (not Wilton), then let it sit for a few days. Voila! Black! Cute cakes. You did awesome on the Nemo.

    ReplyDelete